Target semantic ?

In the channel elements, it is said that the selection values for the taret attribute are :
A, ANGLE, B, …, X, Y, Z.
No problem with that but why do I find in a lot of files (exported with collada Max and Collada Maya) that sort of things :

<channel source="#Bip01_L_Thigh-transform-sampler" target="Bip01_L_Thigh/transform" /> 

or

<channel source="#astroBoy_4800polys_polySurface5_translate-anim-sampler" target="astroBoy_4800polys_polySurface5/translate" />

(taken from the official samples).

Do you agree that it’s not correct or am I missing sthg ?

What they output is perfectly correct.

Chapter 3 of the spec, the section on Address Syntax describes the target attributes. It states

The target attribute syntax has several parts:
  • The first part is the ID of an element in the instance document or a dot segment ( “.” ) indicating that this is a relative address.
  • One or more subidentifiers follow. Each is preceded by a literal slash (/) as a path separator. The subidentifiers are taken from a child of the element identified by the first part. For nested elements, multiple subidentifiers can be used to identify the path to the targeted element.
  • The final part is optional. If this part is absent, all member values of the target element are targeted (for example, all values of a matrix). If this part is present, it can take one of two forms:
    o The name of the member value (field) indicating symbolic access. This notation consists of:
      • A literal period (.)indicating member selection access.
      • The symbolic name of the member value (field). The “Common Glossary”
subsection later in this chapter documents values for this field under the common
profile.
    o The cardinal position of the member value (field) indicating array access. This notation consists of:
      • A literal left parenthesis ( ( ) indicating array selection access.
      • A number of the field, starting at zero for the first field.
      • A literal right parenthesis ( ) ) closing the expression.
The array-access syntax can be used to express fields only in one-dimensional vectors and twodimensional matrices.

I put it in a code block to preserve the tabbing. The important point is the 3rd bullet.
-Andy