How to use FCollada?

Hi,

I’m quite new to collada, but thought I’d give the FCollada library a try. I have downloaded the latest version with static libs (1.11) and made a very simpel program to check if my build works:

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
	int version = FCollada::GetVersion();

return 0;
}

I link with FColladaSD.lib but still get 3 unresolved symbols :frowning: :

FColladaSD.lib(DLLEntry.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “public: static void __cdecl FUDebug::DebugOut(unsigned char,char const *,unsigned long,char const *,…)” (?DebugOut@FUDebug@@SAXEPBDK0ZZ) referenced in function “void __cdecl TrickLinker(void)” (?TrickLinker@@YAXXZ)
FColladaSD.lib(DLLEntry.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “public: void __cdecl FULogFile::WriteLine(char const *,…)” (?WriteLine@FULogFile@@QAAXPBDZZ) referenced in function “void __cdecl TrickLinker(void)” (?TrickLinker@@YAXXZ)
FColladaSD.lib(DLLEntry.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “public: void __thiscall FMColor::ToFloats(float *,unsigned long)” (?ToFloats@FMColor@@QAEXPAMK@Z) referenced in function “void __cdecl TrickLinker(void)” (?TrickLinker@@YAXXZ)

Are there any other libs I need to link to?

Btw. I’m using VC++ 2003.

Thanks for any help,
-Pelle

Tried using an older version (1.10) which builds without errors, but with some linker warnings about missing debug info in a number of modules (DLLEntry, FMColor, FUDebug, FULogFile, FUFile) … guess that isn’t too important.

-Pelle

Thanks for reporting this error to us.

I’m glad 1.10 is working for you. I’ll take some time and verify why 1.11 is causing the above-mentioned issues. You’ll notice that the unresolved externals are all in the “TrickLinker” function: so much for forcing the linker to add the functions to the library correctly ;).

Sincerely,