Requirements to run coherency test

What is required to run the coherency test?
The read me says its a MSVC command line app, but it will not run in Windows XP command line.

What else is needed to use this very handy tool?

David

What error are you getting?

I tried the 1.0 and 1.1 on Windows XP Pro and neither will run .
‘System cannot execute the specified program’ is the error.

It needs iconv.dll, which you can get here: http://www.zlatkovic.com/pub/libxml/ico … .win32.zip

Same error with iconv.dll in the same folder.
If it can’t find dlls. I’m surprised it doesn’t give a can’t load dll error.

I just put the prebuilt dll in the same folder as coherencytest and tried it again from the command line. Same error.

David

I googled the error message and went to this page where the guy says it’s usually a DLL dependency problem.

Do you have Visual Studio 2005 on your machine? If not, you might want to try installing the VS 2005 redist.

If you still can’t get it to work, open up the exe in Dependency Walker and see if you’re missing any DLLs.

Dependency walker shows three dlls
msvcp80.dll
msvcr80.dll
msjava.dll
Which are not on my XP v2 machine that has VC++2005 Pro installed.
I found and downloaded them, but it still can’t run.
Other dlls are missing export functions that it depends on.

Wonderful Microsoft devel tools! dll versioning!
You can’t just make an easily exportable program. I always have to provide a pile of dlls so my apps will run on any windows machine.

Is this a mixed C++ and Java app?
And what was it compiled on/with? 2005 on Vista?

Is there any way to get source code to compile on XP with 2003 or 2005?

This would be an incredibly handy tool. Wherever it was compiled, it obviously depends on the particular development setup used there.

I have finally gotten an export of a multi surface mesh with materials that will re-import. But this tool would make xml debugguing MUCH faster.
I would love to have a copy that I can run.

David

You’re using this coherency test from May 9, 2007, right?

I can extract the .exe and run it fine on my machine as long as I add iconv.dll. I wasn’t the one that built it and I don’t think my machine has any secret magic that allows me to run it.

Dependency walker shows three dlls
msvcp80.dll
msvcr80.dll
msjava.dll
Which are not on my XP v2 machine that has VC++2005 Pro installed.
I don’t have msjava.dll either so I wouldn’t worry about that. The others you should definitely have if you have VS 2005 installed.

Is there any way to get source code to compile on XP with 2003 or 2005?
The source is available from the SourceForge subversion repository. Install subversion, open a command line, and run

“svn co https://colladarefinery.svn.sourceforge … Test/trunk coherency_test”

You can build with VS 2005.