Collada RT Linux

Hello All,

I have been reading these forums to try and find out how to use RT in Linux. I have a few questions that will also bring up some issues in Linux.

1. Does Collada RT need to be in charge of the Rendering? The reason I ask this is I am working on VR applications right now and we prefer leaving the Rendering to the VR library.

2. In Linux the crtviewer does not show Seymour’s Face or animations. Does Collada RT in Linux support all of that or is it just my systems? I am running Ubuntu Fiesty Fawn and everything compiles just fine. Here is an image of my crtviewer with Seymour:

Thank you very much in advance.

Jesse

Does Collada RT need to be in charge of the Rendering?
That’s sorta the point of RT though, to be a sample COLLADA renderer. If you just want a loader, it might be better to use the DOM instead.

In Linux the crtviewer does not show Seymour’s Face or animations.
I get the same results. RT under Linux hasn’t been well tested unfortunately. In fact it didn’t work at all until just recently IIRC. You probably noticed that there’s also no mouse support under Linux. These are issues we haven’t had time to address. You may want to submit a bug on SourceForge about Seymour’s busted face.

Also, if you make any improvements to RT under Linux, please share the code with us and we’ll make sure it gets put into svn.

It is not directly related with your question, but just wanted to let you know that there is a viewer available for linux from feeling software. It is free, binary only, and could be useful to you.

Thank you all very much for your replies.

sthomas - I figured as much for RT, so I started looking in to using the DOM but haven’t gotten very far yet. I have actually tried to figure out the Face and Animation stuff of RT so that I could fix them, but I am not sure where exactly to look.

remi - Thank you for that link, it helps reassure me that I can use Collada in Linux and get good results.