libcolladadom13.lib release linking issues

I’m able to build my app with the debug version of libcolladadom13.lib no problem, but with release I get the following linker errors…

1>myApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class daeMetaElement * domInstance_controller::domSkeleton::_Meta” (?_Meta@domSkeleton@domInstance_controller@@2PAVdaeMetaElement@@A)
1>myApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class daeMetaElement * domRotate::_Meta” (?_Meta@domRotate@@2PAVdaeMetaElement@@A)
1>myApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “char const * const COLLADA_ELEMENT_SKELETON” (?COLLADA_ELEMENT_SKELETON@@3PBDB)
1>myApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class daeMetaElement * domMatrix::_Meta” (?_Meta@domMatrix@@2PAVdaeMetaElement@@A)
1>myApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class daeMetaElement * domGeometry::_Meta” (?_Meta@domGeometry@@2PAVdaeMetaElement@@A)
1>myApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class daeMetaElement * domNode::_Meta” (?_Meta@domNode@@2PAVdaeMetaElement@@A)
1>myApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “char const * const COLLADA_ELEMENT_MATERIAL” (?COLLADA_ELEMENT_MATERIAL@@3PBDB)
1>myApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class daeMetaElement * domMaterial::_Meta” (?_Meta@domMaterial@@2PAVdaeMetaElement@@A)
1>myApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class daeMetaElement * domTranslate::_Meta” (?_Meta@domTranslate@@2PAVdaeMetaElement@@A)
1>myApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class daeMetaElement * domScale::_Meta” (?_Meta@domScale@@2PAVdaeMetaElement@@A)
1>myApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “char const * const COLLADA_ELEMENT_GEOMETRY” (?COLLADA_ELEMENT_GEOMETRY@@3PBDB)
1>myApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class daeMetaElement * domSource::_Meta” (?_Meta@domSource@@2PAVdaeMetaElement@@A)
1>G:\usr\rade2\core\Release\daeconv.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 12 unresolved externals

I’ve tried using “Release DLL” and “Release(1.4)” configurations in the COLLADA_DOM.sln.

My app’s release-verision is using “Release Multithreaded” for it’s configuration.

anybody know what’s going on here?

Thanks!

What version of the DOM are you using? Can you build Collada RT (which links against the DOM) ok?

I want to signal that I also had problems to build a sample project
In ColladaDomFolder\samples…

I have downloaded Collada1.4.1_Dom_1.3.0 installer

I followed the Instructions of the programming guide to set up my VC++

I’m using Visual Studio 2005 express.

The linker said that he couldn’t find the “libcollada141dom12_d.lib”

I had to rename in additional dependencies the libcollada141dom12_d.lib In libcollada141dom13_d.lib

Now it’s working but … don’t know if it’s a good thing to do

Whoops, sorry about that. The programming guide PDF is being removed from the next version of the DOM. Instead we’ve moved the documentation to a wiki available here.

Hello, I can’t seem to be able to build my project either. I’m trying to build in debug mode and was able to build COLLADA_DOM and am linking needed libraries.

1>File1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “char const * const COLLADA_ELEMENT_SKELETON” (?COLLADA_ELEMENT_SKELETON@@3PBDB)
1>File1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “char const * const COLLADA_ELEMENT_MATERIAL” (?COLLADA_ELEMENT_MATERIAL@@3PBDB)
1>File1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “char const * const COLLADA_ELEMENT_GEOMETRY” (?COLLADA_ELEMENT_GEOMETRY@@3PBDB)
1>File1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class daeMetaElement * domNode::_Meta” (?_Meta@domNode@@2PAVdaeMetaElement@@A)
1>File2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class daeMetaElement * domTranslate::_Meta” (?_Meta@domTranslate@@2PAVdaeMetaElement@@A)
1>File2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class daeMetaElement * domRotate::_Meta” (?_Meta@domRotate@@2PAVdaeMetaElement@@A)
1>File2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class daeMetaElement * domMatrix::_Meta” (?_Meta@domMatrix@@2PAVdaeMetaElement@@A)
1>File2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class daeMetaElement * domMaterial::_Meta” (?_Meta@domMaterial@@2PAVdaeMetaElement@@A)
1>File2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class daeMetaElement * domInstance_controller::domSkeleton::_Meta” (?_Meta@domSkeleton@domInstance_controller@@2PAVdaeMetaElement@@A)
1>File2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class daeMetaElement * domGeometry::_Meta” (?_Meta@domGeometry@@2PAVdaeMetaElement@@A)
1>File5.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class daeMetaElement * domImage::_Meta” (?_Meta@domImage@@2PAVdaeMetaElement@@A)
1>File5.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class daeMetaElement * domSource::_Meta” (?_Meta@domSource@@2PAVdaeMetaElement@@A)
1>File3.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: static class daeMetaElement * domVisual_scene::_Meta” (?_Meta@domVisual_scene@@2PAVdaeMetaElement@@A)
1>Bin/myDLL.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 14 unresolved externals

Everything had built correctly when it was being made as an exe project; the settings and configuration are the same for the new project which has the same functions and dom elements. Maybe someone could help me figure out the problem? It would be greatly appreciated; thanks! (:

-Natasha

It sounds like you’re trying to link against the DLL version of the DOM. To link against that version you need to include DOM_DYNAMIC in the defined symbols for your project. More info is provided on the setting up page on the wiki. Search for “DOM_DYNAMIC”. If that doesn’t help let me know.

Steve

After cleaning everything and rebuild, we fixed this problem now.

Thank you so much for the help.

That took care of the link errors, thanks a lot! ^-^