Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute

When trying to build the Collada refinery, I got an error complaining about a missing manifest file (…/…/src/refinery/manifest.txt). There was indeed no manifest file (why?!) so I created one that has this in it:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: 1.6.0_03 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Main-Class: refinery.Refinery

After I added this, the project built, but when I tried to run it, I get this error:

Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from <some local path>\COLLADA_Refinery\refinery.jar

I’m don’t program in Java, so I’m not sure where to go from here. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks!

Can you provide some additional info?

1. What version of Visual Studio are you using to build?
  2. What version of the JDK do you have installed?
  3. How did you get the refinery? Did you use the installer or did you check out from svn?
  4. What was the exact text of the error message?

I downloaded the refinery installer, installed with the “source” option, and built the refinery project with visual studio 2005. I’m using JDK 1.6.0_03 (as indicated in the manifest file). The exact error message is in my original post.

There’s something screwy if you don’t have manifest.txt in src/refinery. If you look at the folder here, you’ll see that the file does exist in that folder. It looks like it’s always been there.

You might want to try the latest code in SourceForge.

svn checkout https://colladarefinery.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/colladarefinery/COLLADA_Refinery/trunk COLLADA_Refinery

Cool. I’ll try that. Thanks!