Animation source accessor of IN_TANGENT OUT_TANGENT

Again a question regarding animation in COLLADA.

The specs say INTERPOLATION may change for each segment. As described in the Revision B the accessor of the IN_TANGENT/OUT_TANGENT for INTERPOLATION BEZIER has 2 params, X and Y.

What happens if the INTERPOLATION changes? Aside from misinterprating the semantics, the number of parameters does not match.

I assume that for interpolation methods like linear the TANGENT Value is skipped and for real tangents, the seconed parameter is ignored.

Is that right ?

Is that right ?
I believe you have the right idea, yes. Having different segments of the same curve using different interpolation methods is explicitly allowed in Collada, but it’s not entirely obvious why that was viewed as important. I’ve never seen an implementation export data with different interpolation methods in a single curve, so it might be reasonable to consider this an ill-defined part of the spec and not support it in your app.

What happens if the INTERPOLATION changes? Aside from misinterprating the semantics, the number of parameters does not match.
Good point. I think this hasn’t been solved because nobody actually uses this feature of Collada.