DOM 2.0 on vc9

Hello,

Will you upload vc9 project files anytime soon?
I have problems running debug builds, release mode works just fine,
but debug mode have some dependency problems since i get “Application failed to initialize properly 0xc0150002” everytime i start my program on debug mode.

Another thing is, vc9 binary files you uploaded on sf.net.
There is a domTest.exe which is dependent to libcollada14dom20.dll but there is not a domTest.exe-d.exe, hence i can’t validate anything.

Thank you.

Will you upload vc9 project files anytime soon?
Probably not to be honest. That’d just be more project files for me to maintain. What we do is run the conversion wizard on the VS 2005 project files to convert them to 2008. That seems to work fine.

I have problems running debug builds, release mode works just fine,
but debug mode have some dependency problems since i get “Application failed to initialize properly 0xc0150002” everytime i start my program on debug mode.
Other people have complained about this, and I think I saw this same problem on a clean install of XP with VMware. I think this can be fixed by installing the VS 2005 SP1 redist from Microsoft. Can you try installing that and tell me if it fixes the problem? If I can confirm that fixes the problem I might be able to come up with a better solution that doesn’t require installing the VS 2005 SP1 redist.

Another thing is, vc9 binary files you uploaded on sf.net.
There is a domTest.exe which is dependent to libcollada14dom20.dll but there is not a domTest.exe-d.exe, hence i can’t validate anything.
You mean you can’t validate that the debug build of the DOM that comes in the binary package works properly? Yeah, that’s a good point I guess. Maybe I should put a debug domTest in there also.

Steve

Yes, that is exactly what i meant.

VS 2005 SP1 redist didn’t help, same error, i get same error even if i use static debug libraries.

I checked the post you linked before posting mine, it is not same imo, also poster may check if he is linking debug library on release mode or opposite.

Hmmm, i think i need debug version of “VS 2005 SP1 redist”.

Event ID: 32
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Event ID: 59
Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system

Looks like i lost them when i uninstalled vs 2005.

Thank you, will tell you if i make it work :slight_smile:

Yeah, it makes sense that the redist doesn’t have debug DLLs since you’re not supposed to redistribute a debug version of your app.

I think the underlying problem is that we have some third party libs (PCRE and boost filesystem) that are built with VC8 and we’re trying to use them in VC9. That worked fine for me on my system, but that was probably just because I had VC8 installed on my machine.

Really it seems like we can’t ever mix libs built with different versions of Visual Studio and expect that to work, unless we’re willing to require multiple VC runtimes be installed to get a DOM client app to work, which frankly is not acceptable IMO. I’m probably going to have to rework our VC9 support and put up new packages.

Supporting multiple versions of Visual Studio is a real pain in the ass. I’m open to suggestions about the best way to do this. Right now I’m planning to just add some pre-built third party libs for VC9 to the external-libs folder. Hopefully that’ll clear up any problems people are having with VC9 support.

Steve

For this problem, or generally you could just link static crt libraries for debug mode and dynamic for release? And yes i totally agree, ms dlls pain sometimes, if not everytime :slight_smile: