COLLADA DOM make error on Mac OS 10.4

Hi, I’m trying to compile the COLLADA DOM source code on my machine, which is running Mac OS 10.4.11. I downloaded the source code from sourceforge, went into the colladadom/dom directory, and typed make. This is what I get back:

make/dom.mk:47: Extraneous text after else' directive make/dom.mk:62: Extraneous text afterelse’ directive
make/dom.mk:62: *** only one `else’ per conditional. Stop.

Does anyone know what’s going on and how to fix this?

Thanks,
Leslie

It sounds like Mac OS X Tiger might have an older version of make that doesn’t support ‘else if …’ on one line. For the DOM we require GNU make 3.81. You can check your version of make with ‘make -v’. Unfortunately I don’t have a copy of 10.4 to test with.

You have a couple of options. (a) Replace all instances of ‘else if …’ with ‘else
if …’ in the makefiles. A script or search/replace shell command would make that easy. Unfortunately even if you fix that there might be other incompatibilities with your version of make. I’m really not sure. (b) Get a copy of make 3.81 for 10.4. Macports probably has a suitable package.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot for your help! I installed Macport’s gmake and that did the trick.

Leslie

So everything works fine then? The DOM uses a few third party libs that we provide pre-built binaries for in the ‘external-libs’ folder. I believe these libs were built on a 10.5 machine and I’m not sure if they’ll work on a 10.4 system. Let me know if you have any difficulties.

So far everything’s working just fine. I’ll let you know if I run into problems with the external libs though. Thanks again for your prompt help!