OSX 10.5.3 Maya2008 Plugin error message

Hi,
I’m new to Collada and have just installed:

CG-2.0.0015 (the Leopard version of the CG-Toolkit)
ColladaMaya_OSX_3.05B

I fixed the script code to reflect the “build/Release” path and the script installs ok. I have verified this and have found the scripts in their appropriate locations.

When loading the plugin in Maya2008, I get the following error in the script editor:

// Error: Unable to dynamically load : /Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/plug-ins/COLLADA_m2008.bundle
dlopen(/Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/plug-ins/COLLADA_m2008.bundle, 1): Symbol not found: __ZN10MPxCommand6redoItEv
Referenced from: /Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/plug-ins/COLLADA_m2008.bundle
Expected in: /Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/plug-ins/COLLADA_m2008.bundle
//

Can anyone explain what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks,

Doug

I have OS X 10.5.4 and Maya 2008
I have the same problem. Folder build a rename Output and install whith the script but does not work when charging the plug-in in Maya in script editor error:

Error: dlopen(/Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/2008/plug-ins/COLLADA.bundle, 1): Symbol not found: __ZN10MPxCommand6redoItEv
Referenced from: /Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/2008/plug-ins/COLLADA.bundle
Expected in: /Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/2008/plug-ins/COLLADA.bundle
(COLLADA) //

Help

Hi, I have the same problem too!

Mac OS X 10.5.4 and Maya 2008. I have also installed CG 2.0 by nVIDIA.

However the ColladaMaya plugin (v. 3.05B) can’t be loaded because of the error:

Error: dlopen(/Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/2008/plug-ins/COLLADA.bundle, 1): Symbol not found: __ZN10MPxCommand6redoItEv
Referenced from: /Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/2008/plug-ins/COLLADA.bundle
Expected in: /Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/2008/plug-ins/COLLADA.bundle
(COLLADA) //

As anyone solved this problem?

Cheers,
Andrea

According to this thread at Feeling Software, the OSX pre-builds for ColladaMaya use Cg 1.5.

The recommendation is to edit the XCode project and change the project settings to use Cg 2.0 and then recompile it.