Collada 3D to 2D (image) conversion

i would like to convert my 3D models of collada to 2D image format, how to do that programatically.

If I understand you correctly, you want to load a .dae file (collada file), and get a .png/.jpg/.gif file back containing an image of the object? If so, you’ll need a rendering engine for that, I’m afraid. There’s no small chunk of code that’ll allow you to do that. You have to take camera viewpoint, materials, lighting, and a lot of other things into consideration if that’s what you want. I suggest you google for “3d engine”… Or if you want a quick way to see how a collada model looks like, use one of the tools available, which should be findable on the collada website, or use something like Nvidia Cg Toolkit (http://developer.nvidia.com), which allows you to load collada models, and apply shaders to them, change lighting configurations, etcetera…

I am using java library JOGL and i also loading the .dae file correctly, but i want to know how to take a snapshot of that loaded 3D .dae file and how to convert it into other 2D format?