COLLADAMaya problem in Linux

Hi all,

There is no problem for building the plug-in in Linux but when I tried to load COLLADAMaya plug-in in linux and here are error messages:

// Error: Unable to dynamically load : /usr/pic1/Downloads/colladamaya/trunk/ColladaMaya/Output/Retail200821/Intermediate/libCOLLADA.so
/usr/pic1/Downloads/colladamaya/trunk/ColladaMaya/Output/Retail200821/Intermediate/libCOLLADA.so: undefined symbol: _ZN11FUDaeParser10ReadSourceEP8_xmlNodeRN2fm6vectorIfLb1EEE //
// Error: /usr/pic1/Downloads/colladamaya/trunk/ColladaMaya/Output/Retail200821/Intermediate/libCOLLADA.so: undefined symbol: _ZN11FUDaeParser10ReadSourceEP8_xmlNodeRN2fm6vectorIfLb1EEE //
// Error: /usr/pic1/Downloads/colladamaya/trunk/ColladaMaya/Output/Retail200821/Intermediate/libCOLLADA.so: undefined symbol: _ZN11FUDaeParser10ReadSourceEP8_xmlNodeRN2fm6vectorIfLb1EEE (libCOLLADA) //

Could anyone help me with that issue?

Thanks a lot,

Wei

Sounds like the same problem I’m currently having.
Since I upgraded from Ubuntu 8.10 to 9.04 maya kept crashing on startup, until I removed COLLADA.so from auto-loading. I started up and tried to load it afterwards but it kept crashing.

Then I thought I’d rebuild the plugin so I tried rebuilding the version I was currently using (3.03J) but now I get the following error when loading the plugin.

// Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : /autodesk/maya8.5/bin/plug-ins/COLLADA.so
/autodesk/maya8.5/bin/plug-ins/COLLADA.so: undefined symbol: _ZN18FUStringConversion12ToMatrixListIcEEvPKT_RN2fm6vectorI10FMMatrix44Lb0EEE // 
// Error: line 1: /autodesk/maya8.5/bin/plug-ins/COLLADA.so: undefined symbol: _ZN18FUStringConversion12ToMatrixListIcEEvPKT_RN2fm6vectorI10FMMatrix44Lb0EEE // 
// Error: line 1: /autodesk/maya8.5/bin/plug-ins/COLLADA.so: undefined symbol: _ZN18FUStringConversion12ToMatrixListIcEEvPKT_RN2fm6vectorI10FMMatrix44Lb0EEE (COLLADA) // 

Dunno what to do…

Did you do a clean build?

Hi.

Is there any progress on this? I’m trying to build and use ColladaMaya on Linux with Maya 8.5

However, when I just follow instructions, the build fails, since in Sonscript there is a condition for choosing between FColladaSR and FColladaSUR. The second one is used only when target is set to 85, which is what I need. But, there is only libFColladaSR.a present in FCollada build. And there is no mention of what is, or how to get or build libFColladaSUR.a

When I build ColladaMaya by hacking Sconscript and forcing it to use FColladaSR, the plugin builds successfuly, but when trying to use it with Maya, whole application crashes with ‘Unknown signal’.

Unfortunately I can’t switch back to Maya 8.0 and I’m stuck because I need to work with COLLADA assets. Any help with this please?

Marcus: Yes, I’m pretty sure I’ve done a complete build. I’m building FCollada with -c unicode=1 and target=1
ColladaMaya is built with -c debug=0 version=85 target=1

I’ve tried building several versions of the plugin since after I got problem, but I always get a similar error message when loading the plugin in Maya.

For ColladaMaya 3.03J
“Error: line 1: /autodesk/maya8.5/bin/plug-ins/COLLADA.so: undefined symbol: _ZN18FUStringConversion12ToMatrixListIcEEvPKT_RN2fm6vectorI10FMMatrix44Lb0EEE”

ColladaMaya 3.04J
“Error: line 1: /autodesk/maya8.5/bin/plug-ins/COLLADA.so: undefined symbol:
_ZN16FUStringBuilderTIcE5clearEv”

ColladaMaya 3.05A
“Error: line 1: /autodesk/maya8.5/bin/plug-ins/COLLADA.so: undefined symbol:
CreatePlugin”

…and I have no idea what to try next. I recently tried building ColladaMaya with another version of g++ (4.1), but got a similar error (undefined symbol: _ZN10FCDLibraryI12FCDSceneNodeE9AddEntityEv)

I’d be grateful for any help.

Did you try building ColladaMaya 3.05B (that’s the most current sourceforge package).

Yes, now I’ve tried building 3.05B with

scons -c debug=0 unicode=1 target=1

for FCollada, and

scons -c debug=0 version=85 target=1

for ColladaMaya.

I get the following (similar) error when loading the plugin in Maya:
// Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : /usr/autodesk/maya/bin/plug-ins/COLLADA.so
/usr/autodesk/maya/bin/plug-ins/COLLADA.so: undefined symbol: _ZN10FCDLibraryI12FCDSceneNodeE9AddEntityEv //
// Error: line 1: /usr/autodesk/maya/bin/plug-ins/COLLADA.so: undefined symbol: _ZN10FCDLibraryI12FCDSceneNodeE9AddEntityEv //
// Error: line 1: /usr/autodesk/maya/bin/plug-ins/COLLADA.so: undefined symbol: _ZN10FCDLibraryI12FCDSceneNodeE9AddEntityEv (COLLADA) //

It’s compiled with gcc version 4.3.3 (Ubuntu 4.3.3-5ubuntu4). I don’t remember which version I used to compile the plugin before, but it wasn’t a recompilation that broke the plugin - it was something else (probably Ubuntu 8.10->9.04 upgrade)

Seems like the plugin makefile doesn’t have the linker option to export all the symbols into the .dll (should be passing -E or --export-dynamic to ld).

Or maybe an ABI mismatch… What ABI is your Maya executable? i.e. which version of gcc was used to compile it?

According to the ColladaMaya project’s README.linux file:

To build the plugin for Maya 8.0 or 8.5, the compiler needs to be gcc 4.0.2.

Thanks, I really appreciate your help. I haven’t explored other compiler possibilities that much since the problem didn’t occur due to a rebuild of the plugin, but (probably) due to me upgrading to Ubuntu 9.04. Though I’ll see if I can get hold of gcc 4.0.2 somehow (it’s not in the Ubuntu repositories).