multi texture import for maya, max and xsi

hi collada

i am working on the collada exporter for our product using fcollada. i noticed that fcollada “hacks” the schema to support multi-texturing (for colladamaya, -max) also in the COMMON profile. according to the coherency checker, this hack leads to invalid collada files. i have a bad feeling about this. :wink:

my goal is to provide multi-texture support (ie. multiple diffuse textures in layers) for at least maya, max and xsi. what strategies to people use for this? do i need to specify full CG/GLSL profiles or is there a simpler way?

(btw, the maya specific techniques for the texture parameters work fine. i did not try the max techniques yet.)

cheers,
simon

hi,

is there any update on support for layered textures / shading networks?

thanks,
simon

Since you are using FCollada, here is a link to current Feeling Software product information - http://www.feelingsoftware.com/en_US/3D … emium.html

The open source community has switched active support to OpenCOLLADA (see the sticky link in this forum for details).

we would actually like to switch to opencollada - are you familiar with the state of layered textures in opencollada?

thanks,
simon