COLLADA DOM, Eclipse & MinGW

Hi,

I’m trying to work with COLLADA with Eclipse and MinGW compiler. Yesterday I was trying to compile DOM but unfortunatelly I heaven’t succeded. I recievd errors. I was trying to make dom project under MSYS with the latest version of its tools like make and g++. I Haven’t found any step by step instructions over the internet how could i fix it. I’ll try post error messages later after coming back from work. Meanwhile maybe somebody will have any suggestions…

Well… I did some more investigation. There was a problem with file encoding. I think the source files where affected by Visual Studio when I was viewing them so it has changed their encoding. I have downloaded ‘iconv’ and ‘file’ from GnuWin32. “File” said that all collada source files were us-ascii. When I changed it with iconv to utf-8 or ascii I get a lot more stuff in the output console… Finally I’ve downloaded it once again, extracted and builded and everything went ok so far. The file encoding should be ASCII C or ASCI C++ - “file” says so.

I have next problem…
I’ve created a new c++ project, added include and libraries directories and libraries names to project settings and till now everything seems works fine. But when I define DAE object program doesn’t run but is terminated. I don’t know why because I somehow can’t run it in debug mode… :frowning:

ps. The reason why I’m using eclipse is that I’m using QT framework in open source license…

> I Haven’t found any step by step instructions over the internet
A description of how to build collada-dom with mingw can be found in the dom distribution:
dom/make/readme

> There was a problem with file encoding.
I had no issues with that.

> I don’t know why because I somehow can’t run it in debug mode
Have you passed “conf=debug” to the makefile?