Need help for importing collada files in maya

im new user of collada…
i have installed colladamaya in my system…
im able to export my maya scene as .dae format using collada…
but im not able to import .dae files in maya…
i dont know whtz the problem… can any one help me…

Do you mean you have installed the Collada plugin by Feeling Software? I will help troubleshooting you by assuming its this one. If not you can download it here: http://www.feelingsoftware.com/componen … 0/lang,en/ I can recommend it because it has always worked for me. You’ll need to register quickly before you can download.

When installing you will be presented with an interface that lets you select which studios you want to install the plugin for. Make sure that your version of Maya is compatible and selected from the check list. If the installation has been successful you can now import models into Maya by choosing File->Import-> (choose .DAE from file type list if necessary)

Please include more information when-ever and where-ever your looking for help, you get your answer to much easier. Believe it or not people are more willing to respond if you format your post and present it correctly.

Hi maeyan

thanks for reply…
i have downloaded a package contain (mll file and mel file for each version of maya) from sourceforge site…

i have added mll file in plugins folder and sourced mel file… it works fine for exporting scene as dae format… but im unable to import dae files into maya…

ok any how just now i have downloaded an exe file from sourceforge and itz workin fine…

is that the same exe file available in feelingsoftware.com also…

thnks thnks a lot…

I don’t know if Feeling Software use SourceForge although their plugins are Open Source. Glad it worked out for you. :slight_smile:

The plug-ins at Feeling Software are the commercial versions of the open source plug-ins at sourceforge.net .