build collada on vs2010 vc10

Hy.
There are a collada 1.4 sources that are compilable from vc10(visual studio 2010)?
Or must compile all the sources and in particular all the external library with vs 2010?
thanks.

Since no one has worked on the DOM in 13 months, I would say the latter.

Would you like to contribute updates to the project?

Hi,

i’m trying to build collada dom with vc10, too. Therefore a rebuild of boost is needed. I opened the solutions in the external-libs/boost/build folder, but the linked cpp files in the solution does not exists. Where are the linked files located? boost proveids only header files, did you renamed them to cpp?

For example, the file “path.cpp” “portability.cpp” “utf8_codecvt_facet.cpp” is missing. boost provides a file named “path.hpp”, “utf8_codecvt_facet.hpp” but these files are not included in the collada dom source package.

SOLVED.

Using this article

http://www.collada.org/mediawiki/index.php/Building_third_party_libraries_for_the_COLLADA_DOM

i build the needed boost system and filesystem libraries with VC 2010 as well as the PCRE library. Having that i could successfuly build the collada dom library with VC 2010.

Hi,

If it is not too much to ask, is it possible that you can write a tutorial on how you successfuly made vs 2010 work with dom? I would apprecaite it. I have been trying to get dom to work with vs2010 for a bit now with no luck :frowning:

I got it working for me now but I am still running somes tests to make sure it is indeed stable. I am working on getting all the builds for Visual Studio 10 just as they do currently with VS 8 and VS 9. I would like to contribute this when I am done which will hopfully be tommarrow.

That sounds like a great contribution. Thanks!

Hi Marcus

That sounds like a great contribution. Thanks!

Its my pleasure to help. :smiley:

I have the zip prepared with collada-dom folder that is all set to go for vs10 support. I would like to note that I tested the vc10-1.4 and vc10-1.5 in both debug and release mode and they all build successfully on my windows7 32bit. I hope it will be the same for everyone else on there windows machines. I also tested vc10-1.4 static linked on my game engine and it works.

Strangely the file attachment part of the forums is not working, at least right now. In what other way would you like me to post the update? Should I hand it to you via email?

I can send you the zip if you would like so that you can post it in the websites desired way and take a look at the files too. I tried to keep with the current style that was already layed out by the other VS projects in the dom and to my knowledge I did. For example, the folders vc10-1.4 and vc10-1.5 are in the same place as the other vc*-1.4 and vc*-1.5 project folders. Also, the third party lib files that were built for VS10 are in folders called vc10 and stored along side the other vc* third party lib folders.

If you have a sourceforge account (or make one), I can give you COLLADA DOM developer access so that you can checkin your changes into SVN there. Send me a PM here to discuss the details offline.

Thanks.

Hi louboutin99

I am working with marcus right now to get Collada Dom to have vc10 projects that build collada 1.4 out of the box. I hope to have it avaliable within the next few days. In the mean time however if you would like to build the 1.4 collada libs yourself. You are indeed going to need to build the external libs. This link has help regaurding that.

http://www.collada.org/mediawiki/index.php/Building_third_party_libraries_for_the_COLLADA_DOM

The two external libs that do not work with VC10 are Boost Filesystem and PCRE. PCRE comes with a readme on how to build PCRE libs with vc10 using CMake and the link above has some other information on it aswell. For the boost filesystem libs, the link above should suffice. Then convert the VC9 project into a VC10 project using VC10. Adjust the projects settings to correctly link to the new libs that you built.

Another thing, VC10 under configuration properties->General had added a couple of new fields Targetname and Target Extension. These two fields need to be set approprietly otherwise they may be build errors. If you get any questions down the line feel free to post back.

The Collada DOM 2.2 .zip download now includes Visual Studio 2010 support. All the VC10 project files and pre-built external-libs should work as I tested them all on my machine and each one built successfully. I hope this helps out others who needed vc2010 support.