Exporting Animation Clips from Maya

I’ve searched, and can’t find quite what I’m looking for.

I’m using Maya 2010 on OSX, and OpenCOLLADA

I have an animated animal, with two distinct actions. Frame 0-20, the head turns. Frame 30-50, the body moves.

I’m just trying to export this to Papervision so I can call on the two distinctive states. I’ve been trying with the Trax Editor, and I can’t quite get it right. I’ve named the two clips, but on the export I can’t seem to call on them individually. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

We’re using Maya 2010, and the latest OpenCOLLADA for Maya and trying to figure out the same thing. The exporter no longer (previously it supposedly had this) has an ‘export clips’ option, but perhaps that’s because it may do it automatically now.

My art guy is trying to figure out how to get the exporter to add the animation_clip element to the exported data - he has just started looking into this but he was disgruntledly mumbling something about ‘probably have to bake the animations into the skeleton… grumble grumble…’

If we figure it out I’ll post here to let you know.

Cheers,

WTH

WTH-

Glad to hear someone else is having the same issue. I kept hearing about this ‘export clips’ option, but it seems they got rid of it on the new exporter. You’re probably right, it’s probably included somewhere automatically, but we still can’t seem to register clips in Papervision.

Myself (the Maya/art guy) and the flash developer are working on it, and likewise, if we find a solution I’ll be sure to let you know.

good luck!

Ryan

Sorry, I haven’t been afforded anymore time with our art guys yet, so it’s presently on hold…

I will update when there are any changes.

WTH

Any updates on this situation? I’m working in Blender and trying to do the same thing.