Newbue questions about opencl.dll, AMD APP SDK and cl.h

Hi!
So Im fairly new to opencl programming, I did some last year and manage to do some work but then left it and Im back to start again :slight_smile: Im working in Visual studio. Here’s whats bothering me:
I have an ATI graphic card and so I downloaded AMD APP SDK, the latest version 3.1, and wanted to start developing on some example but got stuck because there was no “cl.h” nor CL folder for that matter in that SDK, which i found very strange, since in all the examples Ive seen the include was: #include <CL/cl.h>. Then I downloaded an older version, I think its 2.7., and there was CL folder with cl.h file as well. I then also made sure all the library dependencies and include directories are set in the project properties and when i tried to run an existing OpenCL project there were no errors reported. However, when the program started it crashed because it was saying that “OpenCL.dll is missing”. I looked in the SDK folder for the file and it wasnt there. I then downloaded opencl.dll from internet and copied it into debug folder and tried to start the program again but it crashed again with a message “Opencl.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.”. I googled the problem but couldnt quite find anything relative. If someone can help me I would be REALLY, REALLY grateful.

Cheers

Did you install the latest drivers befor installing SDK?

No. I tried that now but AMD’s auto detect couldnt find a proper driver for my card.

Select your card manually. Chances are, the site will offer you to download a legacy driver, considering you referred to it as an ATI one. And you will probably need to download an older SDK, but you need to check patch notes to figure out if/when your card support is dropped.
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

[QUOTE=Salabar;39681]Select your card manually. Chances are, the site will offer you to download a legacy driver, considering you referred to it as an ATI one. And you will probably need to download an older SDK, but you need to check patch notes to figure out if/when your card support is dropped.
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download[/QUOTE]

I did that. I have ATI mobility Radeon HD 3xxx series and it seems that there are no drivers for WIndows 10, I downloaded that for windows 8 but it doesnt recognize my GPU now so that wont work I guess. I now tried to get it working on CPU but I got another error, clProgramBuild returns value “-11”. Any ideas?

It is a compilation error, most likely. Use code in checked reply.