Integer division by zero when creating graphics pipeline

Hi guys,

Now I’m at Intel Vulkan tutorial part 4.

I have an error thrown when creating the graphics pipeline (vkCreateGraphicsPipelines) saying:
Unhandled exception at 0x039CC4E3 (amdvlk32.dll) in KMA.exe: 0xC0000094: Integer division by zero.

The spec says that such condition produces an unspecified result but must not lead to Vulkan interruption or termination. (section 2.7.5)

So I assume maybe it’s related to the shader operation. However, in the tutorial, the shader does not perform any calculation yet, just taking vertex attributes passed.
Again, validation layer doesn’t capture this error (or maybe because it’s obvious there’s an integer division by zero, which I can’t find any nor I know where to).

Is there anything I should look at when this error comes up?

I don’t know if it’s related, but I’m using AMD R9 270, Vulkan 1.0.17.

Thanks!

So I assume maybe it’s related to the shader operation.

Why would you assume that? If the exception happened in vkCreateGraphicsPipelines, you haven’t rendered anything yet. There’s no shader operation going on.

My guess is that you provided some value to this function that has caused it to crash.

[QUOTE=Alfonse Reinheart;40629]Why would you assume that? If the exception happened in vkCreateGraphicsPipelines, you haven’t rendered anything yet. There’s no shader operation going on.

My guess is that you provided some value to this function that has caused it to crash.[/QUOTE]

Yes you’re right… it’s trivial :doh:… I did not set the color vertex input attribute description format and so this error goes.

Thanks for the time!