Linker can't open OpenCL.lib

I am using Visual Studio 2015 with the Altera SDK for OpenCL installed. I am operating Windows 8.1 on a 64 bit machine.

I am trying to compile example vector add host code, and the linker keeps throwing this error:

“LINK: fatal error LINK1104: cannot open file ‘OpenCL.lib’”

I have compiled hello_world and boardtest examples with no problems, just this vector add program and another one are giving me grief.
I have been tinkering around in the property page for the last few days using trail and error. Based off of my efforts and hours of Google searching and reading the MSV2015 website, this is what I assume to be correct:

• I must include the OpenCL.lib under Linker/Input/Additional Dependencies
  • I must also include the absolute path to this library file under Linker/General/Additional Library Dependencies
  • I create a project using the Win32 Console Application template, chose empty project with no pre-compiled headers, and chose the .NET version 4.6.1.
  • I typically include the absolute path to the directories for the Runtime dynamically linked libraries as well as the API header files as well under C/C++/General/Additional Include Directories

Is it possible that the OpenCL.lib file is corrupt?
Are there any know bugs or compatibility issues between VS2015 and Altera SDK for OpenCL?

Any help would be most appreciated. I am at my wits end and have spent way too many hours on this already.

Thanks.

Herman

Try linking to the actual OpenCL driver instead of OpenCL.lib (loader).