OpenVx API vxCreateImageFromHandle behaviour for Types of memory allocated from app

Hi All,

I would like to know the behaviour of OpenVx API vxCreateImageFromHandle when the buffers allocated by the following memory options are used

1. Malloc
  2. Fixed memory size
  3. VirtualAlloc function

Basically Would like to know whether copy happens or not . AS this API only the headers will be copied. But memory allocated with 1 and 3 might be virtual and hence OpenVx API might have some dependencies or issues . Can you please clarify this point ?

Thanks,
Vinith

[QUOTE=vinithsrvv1;41713]Hi All,

I would like to know the behaviour of OpenVx API vxCreateImageFromHandle when the buffers allocated by the following memory options are used

1. Malloc
  2. Fixed memory size
  3. VirtualAlloc function

Basically Would like to know whether copy happens or not . AS this API only the headers will be copied. But memory allocated with 1 and 3 might be virtual and hence OpenVx API might have some dependencies or issues . Can you please clarify this point ?

Thanks,
Vinith[/QUOTE]
Dear All,

Can some one give your inputs for my query .

Thanks

VX_MEMORY_TYPE_HOST would be a buffer allocated via something like “malloc()”, the sample implementation will take this as input and use it without any copies.
On vendor implementations on specific SoC, each vendor may impose some constraints and/or define new types so as to avoid copies.

regards
Kedar