Dont found physical device count

Vulkan SDK cube example not working

I use GeForce GTX 760, Win 10 x64, 378.66 version of driver

Chopper exe(nvidia demo for Vulkan API) dont found physical device count

===========
VULKAN INFO

Vulkan API Version: 1.0.39

INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file C:\VulkanSDK\1.0.39.1\Bin\VkLayer_api_dump.json, version “1.0.0”
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file C:\VulkanSDK\1.0.39.1\Bin\VkLayer_core_validation.json, version “1.0.0”
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file C:\VulkanSDK\1.0.39.1\Bin\VkLayer_image.json, version “1.0.0”
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file C:\VulkanSDK\1.0.39.1\Bin\VkLayer_monitor.json, version “1.0.0”
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file C:\VulkanSDK\1.0.39.1\Bin\VkLayer_object_tracker.json, version “1.0.0”
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file C:\VulkanSDK\1.0.39.1\Bin\VkLayer_parameter_validation.json, version “1.0.0”
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file C:\VulkanSDK\1.0.39.1\Bin\VkLayer_screenshot.json, version “1.0.0”
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file C:\VulkanSDK\1.0.39.1\Bin\VkLayer_swapchain.json, version “1.0.0”
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file C:\VulkanSDK\1.0.39.1\Bin\VkLayer_threading.json, version “1.0.0”
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file C:\VulkanSDK\1.0.39.1\Bin\VkLayer_unique_objects.json, version “1.0.0”
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file C:\VulkanSDK\1.0.39.1\Bin\VkLayer_vktrace_layer.json, version “1.0.0”
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file C:\Windows\system32
v-vk64.json, version “1.0.0”
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file C:\Program Files\RenderDoc\renderdoc.json, version “1.0.0”
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found manifest file D:\Programs\Steam\SteamOverlayVulkanLayer64.json, version “1.0.0”
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Found ICD manifest file C:\Windows\system32
v-vk64.json, version “1.0.0”
INFO: [loader] Code 0 : Insert instance layer VK_LAYER_NV_optimus (C:\Windows\system32.
voglv64.dll)

Instance Extensions:

Instance Extensions count = 5
VK_KHR_surface : extension revision 25
VK_KHR_win32_surface : extension revision 5
VK_EXT_debug_report : extension revision 3
VK_NV_external_memory_capabilities : extension revision 1
VK_KHR_get_physical_device_properties2: extension revision 1
C:\doppelbuild\RuntimeLVL\demos\vulkaninfo.c:1492: failed with VK_ERROR_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

Please Help

Optimus :confused: Do you per-chance mean GTX 760M?

No I mean gtx 760 without m

Well, you could try older driver.

There are also some manual checks that can be done:

1. If you have some multi-GPU stuff enabled, disable that (preferrably in BIOS)
  2. Registry HKLM\Software\Khronos\Vulkan\Drivers should have exactly one item. It is path to some json file.
  3. That json file must exist. It is a textfile and should have path to some dll inside it.
  4. That dll also has to exist.

I dont have NVIDIA, but I find the VK_LAYER_NV_optimus implicit layer suspicious. Especially (based on the log) that it seems to point to the OpenGL driver.
Might be worth a shot to try disabling it. You could temporarily remove it from the registry, or there is a special environment variable that disables it (it is listed in the json file).

[QUOTE=krOoze;41855]
I dont have NVIDIA, but I find the VK_LAYER_NV_optimus implicit layer suspicious. Especially (based on the log) that it seems to point to the OpenGL driver.
Might be worth a shot to try disabling it. You could temporarily remove it from the registry, or there is a special environment variable that disables it (it is listed in the json file).[/QUOTE]

all that layer does is switching the order of physical devices based on whether you are on battery or not. preferring the iGPU when on battery and the nvidia card when plugged in.

You should try running the Vulkan Installation Analyzer (VIA) which comes in the LunarG SDK. That will generate a command-line result and an HTML file. If you post both here, it should give us more information. You might have to build it. If you’ve downloaded 1.0.39.1 the information on building it should be in the “Getting Started” document.

HTML file on dropbox

I dont understand you what pugged in(if battary then where if the difference with 1 thing) and what means on battary. Please be simply in phrases)))

[QUOTE=krOoze;41855]Well, you could try older driver.

There are also some manual checks that can be done:

1. If you have some multi-GPU stuff enabled, disable that (preferrably in BIOS)
  2. Registry HKLM\Software\Khronos\Vulkan\Drivers should have exactly one item. It is path to some json file.
  3. That json file must exist. It is a textfile and should have path to some dll inside it.
  4. That dll also has to exist.

Might be worth a shot to try disabling it. You could temporarily remove it from the registry, or there is a special environment variable that disables it (it is listed in the json file).[/QUOTE]

I try 376.80 and it not work

1)dont have
2)yes
3)this is complicated becouse i have 8 nv-vk64.json files but no one plases where regedit says(1 in System32 and regedit says in system32 or 1 in LastGood/system32 but regedit dont says about lastgood do they count?
4) look 3)
5) there is 9 and I dont no why in 1 folder 2 json and 3 dll

please say more specifically what i shoud delete in regedit or disable and whow

• Updated - - -

Please say whow can i build becouse I cant find it even in getting started

ad 3) Shouldn’t matter. Windows paths should not be case sensitive.

I don’t understand what you mean by 5)

That was only to check. I did not ask you to delete anything.

Well, I am out of ideas. I suppose it is up to NVIDIA to fix their stuff.
Just for kicks you could also try vulkaninfo32 if it has the same problem.
We could try manual clean (nuke) reinstall, but I would not hold much hope…

it’s a layer for laptops to change which device to use by default depending on whether it gets it’s power from the mains or its battery

Looking at your VIA.html, the loader is finding everything appropriately, but the vkEnumeratePhysicalDevices appears to be returning an error. The only other time I’ve seen this is when the driver (ICD) has an issue. The two cases I’ve seen are:

[ol]
[li]The ICD determines that the hardware really doesn’t support Vulkan[/li][li]There’s a bug in the ICD[/li][/ol]

You’re best bet is to work with Nvidia at this point. Pass along the VIA.html to whatever bug you file to help reduce the initial back and forth.

That Optimus thing in your log is really making me paranoid.
Try this guide (if any of it is applicable): NVIDIA Vulkan Samples and Optimus based laptop GPUs - Vulkan - NVIDIA Developer Forums
I.e. try to set “Preferred graphics processor” to “high performance” in the NVIDIA profile for vulkaninfo, if there is such option there for you.

Based on the log you only have the SDK RT. Try to uninstall: driver, SDK, Renderdoc, any and all Vulkan RTs. Then install only the NVIDIA driver for now and test vulkaninfo. I think it should install 1.0.37 Vulkan RT as part of it.