Collada texturing

I don’t quite understand how textures work in collada.

I’m sure it’s something to do with materials and effects that I don’t get.

This is what I have in my file, but I’m not sure how to make use of the uv coordinates I have to actually texture the object.

I’m importing into blender and I definitely have materials, I just don’t know how to associate a texture with the material.

Any help is appreciated.

I would upload the entire file, but it’s a rip from a dark souls model and this is my attempt at exporting to collada, thus it would be copyrighted information.
Uploading of pictures of the model in blender also failed repeatedly.

<effect id="texture_0_effect">
      <profile_COMMON>
        <image name="texture_0">
          <init_from>./test_texture.jpg</init_from>
        </image>
        <newparam sid="texture_0_param">
          <sampler2D>
            <source>texture_0</source>
          </sampler2D>
        </newparam>
        <technique sid="texture_0_technique">
          <lambert>
            <emission><param ref="texture_0_param"/></emission>
          </lambert>
        </technique>
      </profile_COMMON>
    </effect>

<material id="material_0" name="material_0">
      <instance_effect url="#texture_0_effect"/>
    </material>

<node id="mesh_0_instance" name="mesh_0" type="NODE">
          <matrix sid="transform">
            1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
          </matrix>
          <instance_geometry url="#mesh_0">
            <bind_material>
              <technique_common>
                <instance_material symbol="material_0" target="#material_0"/>
              </technique_common>
            </bind_material>
          </instance_geometry>
        </node>

Check “Texturing” section in Chapter 7, it explains how to use texturing in COLLADA.

I’ve developing COLLADA-DOM and COLLADA for a little known product called Sword of Moonlight by the same company that makes Dark Souls; there is an item in the game that shares its namesake.

Right now I’m taking a break from COLLADA-DOM to work on Sword of Moonlight after a long hiatus. This field is very anemic. But you can follow my work to keep up with the state of the art. I’m developing tools to complement Sword of Moonlight, including modeling tools that use COLLADA natively and are actually using more than 1% of COLLADA to achieve practical real world goals.

EDITED: I’ve subscribed to this forum now, so I can offer more timely support. In this case, I can’t help much more than recpas because although I’ve been working with Blender and COLLADA a lot in the last couple months, there’s nothing there that is of any real quality and you just have to make do the best you can. You can only get bare bones mesh information in and out of Blender with COLLADA.