Thread: How to use vxuHistogram()

How to use vxuHistogram()

I am trying to use OpenVX Histogram (as per Spec 1.1) and little puzzled in the usage part. My understanding is like this (Please correct me):

Code :
    vx_size numBins = 10;
    vx_uint32 offset = 10;
    vx_uint32 range = 256;
    // Create Object
    vx_distribution vx_dist = vxCreateDistribution (Context, numBins, offset, 
    range);

// Create Node
    vx_status status = vxuHistogram (context, img, vx_dist);

Spec says that vxuHistogram() takes vx_distribution as [out], does that means vxuHistogram() creates object internally? If the answer is 'Yes' than how would i pass numBins, Offset and range of my choice?

Also. how can i access the output of histogram result? Any sample code would be really helpful.

vxuHistogram() is vxHistogram()

Quote Originally Posted by milinddeore View Post
    Spec says that vxuHistogram() takes vx_distribution as [out], does that means vxuHistogram() creates object internally? If the answer is 'Yes' than how would i pass numBins, Offset and range of my choice?
    No vxuHistogram() does NOT create the vx_distribution object internally; vxuHistogram populates the histogram information inside of the vx_distribution object that you have already created and pass to it. Your code is correct to setup the vx_distribution before passing it to the vxuHistogram function.

Also. how can i access the output of histogram result? Any sample code would be really helpful.
    After calling vxuHistogram, you can access the result histogram using either vxCopyDistribution() into a user allocated buffer, or vxMapDistribution() to get access to the framework-allocated pointer where the histogram is located.

- - - Updated - - -

vxuHistogram() is vxHistogram()
    Same answer for vxu and vx versions, except in vxHistogram(), this only creates the node. You will need more code to create a graph and process the graph.

Quote Originally Posted by jessegv View Post
    No vxuHistogram() does NOT create the vx_distribution object internally; vxuHistogram populates the histogram information inside of the vx_distribution object that you have already created and pass to it. Your code is correct to setup the vx_distribution before passing it to the vxuHistogram function.

After calling vxuHistogram, you can access the result histogram using either vxCopyDistribution() into a user allocated buffer, or vxMapDistribution() to get access to the framework-allocated pointer where the histogram is located.

- - - Updated - - -

Same answer for vxu and vx versions, except in vxHistogram(), this only creates the node. You will need more code to create a graph and process the graph.
    Thanks, I did it successfully.
    http://www.gamebigkool.net/