Thread: Transform Feedback

Transform Feedback

Would it be possible to consider adding support for transform feedback to OpenGL SC?

I understand that the concept behind OpenGL SC is to pre-allocate all resources. The buffers required for transform feedback can be pre-calculated to be a maximum size thus meeting this requirement.

The difficultly would be in ensuring that the data written back from the GPU does not exceed the buffer size.

A couple of extensions in OpenGL that attempt to address some of this that may potential help:
    • GL_ARB_transform_feedback_overflow_query
    • GL_KHR_robustness

If this is not possible then maybe a less strict SC profile could be considered as a half way house between OpenGL ES and OpenGL SC 2.x?

Quote Originally Posted by damian View Post
    Would it be possible to consider adding support for transform feedback to OpenGL SC?

I understand that the concept behind OpenGL SC is to pre-allocate all resources. The buffers required when you downloadbluestacks.net for transform feedback can be pre-calculated to be a maximum size thus meeting this requirement.

The difficultly would be in ensuring that the data written back from the GPU does not exceed the buffer size.

A couple of extensions in OpenGL that attempt to address some of this that may potential help:
    • GL_ARB_transform_feedback_overflow_query
    • GL_KHR_robustness

If this is not possible then maybe a less strict SC profile could be considered as a half way house between OpenGL ES and OpenGL SC 2.x?
    I've the same issue!

Someone can help us?

Quote Originally Posted by manop23 View Post
    I've the same issue!

Someone can help us?
    There is nothing to stop anyone from defining their own extension to OpenGL SC to support their needs since it's fully extensible. I don't believe Khronos has any immediate plans to add transform feedback to OpenGL SC.