Simple Shader Fails [Android, OpenGL]

I have a simple shader code. I pass in two image texture (NOTE: One is samplerExternalOES and other one is sampler2D).

The first texture ‘sTexture’ is the original image i get from a camera frame. The second texture ‘sTexture2’ is a mask i get from the cpu.

The shader fails on the ‘mix’ function.

The shader is as follows:

uniform samplerExternalOES sTexture;
uniform sampler2D sTexture2;
varying vec2 v_TexCoord;

void main(void)
{
    vec4 originalrgb = vec4((texture2D(sTexture, v_TexCoord).rgb), 1.0);
    vec4 floodfillimage = vec4((texture2D(sTexture2, v_TexCoord).rgb), 1.0);

/*Code To Colour Input Image with Blue Tint Color*/
    vec4 c = vec4(0.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1); 
    vec4 inputColor = vec4((texture2D(sTexture, v_TexCoord).rgb), 1.0);
    float average = (inputColor.r + inputColor.g + inputColor.b) / 3.0;
    vec4 grayscale = vec4(average, average, average, 1.0);
    vec4 colorizedOutput = grayscale * c ;

/*Code To mix original image with blue coloured based on another floodfilledimage passed in */
    gl_FragColor = mix(originalrgb.rgba, colorizedOutput.rgba, floodfillimage.r);
}

The error i recieve is glerror 1282, which means GL_INVALID_OPERATION. I’ve debugged and found out this happens on the mix function line.

NOTE: If I change the last line to

gl_FragColor = mix(originalrgb.rgba, colorizedOutput.rgba, 0.5);

, it works.

So, why is it that the code panics when i do

floodfillimage.r

?

Thank You.

EDIT I’ve tested both textures passed in (ie, i just rendered them to gl_FragColor) and they both are the image they’re suppose to be

[QUOTE=qwertyuiop;42823]

uniform samplerExternalOES sTexture;
    vec4 originalrgb = vec4((texture2D(sTexture, v_TexCoord).rgb), 1.0);
    gl_FragColor = mix(originalrgb.rgba, colorizedOutput.rgba, floodfillimage.r);
}

The error i recieve is glerror 1282, which means GL_INVALID_OPERATION. I’ve debugged and found out this happens on the mix function line.[/quote]

You appear to be missing a “#extension GL_OES_EGL_image_external” at the top of your shader, per the extension spec.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.