Distributed Rendering of .dae Objects

Hello guys.

My name is Wilson. I’m new here. Well, I’m working on the algorithm that gets parts of a .dae 3D object and renders for final photo composition .PNG. But I have a question, I am studying every .dae XML instruction structure to understand how it is organized, to take advantage of the code in separating instructions. Can I separate the .dae object into separate rendering parts? How to mosaic and unify it?

I would like to help but I don’t understand your question. Your wording seems almost like a chat robot to me; no offense. Are you asking about a particular COLLADA element/concept? Khronos has published manuals for each version of COLLADA. It calls them specifications. COLLADA is not for the faint of heart.

Sorry Mick P. for my English. For everybody who read my post.

I’m Developing a App for render distributed. My ask and: I can make division a file .dae for render? Instead of render all elements of file .dae, just one part, sharing parts of file for render different machine.

I want to try to help. (I wrote a reply, but deleted it.)

"I’m Developing a App for render distributed. My ask and: I can make division a file .dae for render? Instead of render all elements of file .dae, just one part, sharing parts of file for render different machine. "

DAE files use hyperlinks. So if you chop up a file, you might break any links that refer back to the same file.

That said… COLLADA is for small game projects that don’t need many features. It’s also an exchange format, meaning that you trade flexibility for extreme computational inefficiency.

If your app just talks to itself, then it’s better off using anything else really. COLLADA is meant to solve a “Tower of Babel” like problem. Parsing XML is very slow, and COLLADA is very baroque. So like, distributing it on multiple computers, defeats the purpose----unless your purpose is to use distribution to speed up parsing :slight_smile: