Undefined reference installing OpenCOLLADA - ifc

I used the Solibri Model Viewer in Windows. I want to have an alternative in Linux. All alternative solutions work with ifcOpenShell.

I tried to follow the installation steps and in step 3) OpenCollada is installed.

When running the sudo make -j command in the terminal I do have an undefined reference and I do not know how to solve it at the moment.

I followed the steps explained here but the error happens when I run the make -j command:

sudo apt-get install libpcre3-dev libxml2-dev git clone GitHub - KhronosGroup/OpenCOLLADA cd OpenCOLLADA Using a known good revision, but HEAD should work too: git checkout 064a60b65c2c31b94f013820856bc84fb1937cc6 mkdir build && cd build cmake … make -j sudo make install

It is a bit frustrating as I am not at the point that I can install ifc. It is the one application I still use Windows for. I would like to find a proper solution for viewing 3D ifc models.

Anybody has an idea?

Terminal dump visible here.
The reason why I refer to askubuntu is that this forum does not accept code dumps nor attached files with the code.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks in advance.

I think you want to raise questions about OpenCOLLADA in its section of Github’s website. I’ve seen the standard’s original authors active there in recent months. So there are signs of life for you. I’m not sure this forum is meant to be a clearing house for all COLLADA adjacent questions.

I think this forum is more for developers who have questions far more central to COLLADA than end-users’ troubleshooting needs. In any case, developers/users alike do not frequent this forum that I know of. This is the forum of last resorts for developers grappling with more arcane quandaries :slight_smile:

P.S. Your commands are really multiple commands. If you are using “sudo” on the last “make” you should use it on the “-j” command, which I think is just a directive to use multiple processing threads. So you might just try “sudo make -j” instead. Or see if OpenCOLLADA is in your package management database. Normally these things can be installed on flavors of Linux simply by selecting the main program you want from the graphical package management tool provided by the installed desktop package.

You may also wan to try GitHub - IfcOpenShell/IfcOpenShell: Open source IFC library and geometry engine