VK_KHR_win32_surface NOT FOUND

Hello,
I have a question about extensions:
Using “Hardware Capability Viewer” I don’t see under Extensions “VK_KHR_win32_surface”, but if I go to web site (click on Device button) under surface i see

surfaceExtension VK_KHR_win32_surface

So I really don’t understand, I can enable these extensions: “VK_KHR_surface” , “VK_KHR_win32_surface” using “VkInstanceCreateInfo”, but then I can’t enable using “VkDeviceCreateInfo”

Using “vkEnumerateDeviceExtensionProperties” I see the same extensions as “Hardware Capability Viewer”, and that’s ok, but why I can enable “VK_KHR_surface” , “VK_KHR_win32_surface” in “VkInstanceCreateInfo”?

I don’t understand that, it’s a gpu problem?

Thank you

So I really don’t understand, I can enable these extensions: “VK_KHR_surface” , “VK_KHR_win32_surface” using “VkInstanceCreateInfo”, but then I can’t enable using “VkDeviceCreateInfo”

The device interface and instance interface are separate interfaces, so they both can be extended. Device extensions affect the behavior of a particular device, a particular GPU. Instance extensions don’t care about specific GPUs.

The surface extensions are instance extensions. Surfaces and surface creation is independent of devices that use them. VK_KHR_surface defines the behavior of surfaces, and VK_KHR_win32_surface defines how to create surfaces in Windows. These don’t have anything to do with specific hardware devices; they’re talking to the OS, not a particular GPU.

Thank you very much Alfonse,
so I cannot use “VK_KHR_surface” , “VK_KHR_win32_surface” to create device right?
I can only use the extensions that can I see calling vkEnumerateDeviceExtensionProperties for example, or under extensions tab in “Hardware Capability Viewer” ?
And if so, what extensions I can use to create instances?

Thank you

The instance extensions list is hidden in the Vulkan tab, and there under Extensions subtab.

And yes, the other opmost Extensions tab lists only Device Extensions.

Thank you krOoze!