Actual device without any GRAPHICS QueueFamily that can also present?

I’m interested in benchmarking the actual performance of using VK_SHARING_MODE_EXCLUSIVE and doing a queue ownership transfer.

But I don’t know of any actual device without a QueueFamily supporting both GRAPHICS and present (using vkGetPhysicalDeviceSurfaceSupportKHR).

Thus, VK_SHARING_MODE_EXCLUSIVE can be used on that QueueFamily and no transfer is needed.

I poked around vulkan.gpuinfo.org for a bit, but didn’t find a way to filter on that combination of GRAPHICS and present. Does anyone know offhand of such a device?

Why would you need a queue family that provided graphics without present in order to gain something from using exclusive sharing? You could use a transfer-only queue (most GPUs have at least one of those), which naturally would have no present access.

Or are you talking about exclusivity for swapchain images only?

You could use a transfer-only queue (most GPUs have at least one of those), which naturally would have no present access.

All my queue families support present (incl. the TRANSFER one).

Hi Alfonse,

I am asking if such a device exists - and if so, I’d be interested to run performance tests on it.

I am not sure you understood my question.

In agreement with krOoze, I currently don’t have any devices where the present support is on a different queue.

Do you know of one?

I am not sure why the presentation support matters though.

As long as you have >1 queue families (that have >0 queues), you can perform ownership transfers.
Actually you don’t need WSI at all.

That isn’t my question. Yes, of course, Vulkan supports operation without WSI at all.

I currently don’t know of any devices where the present support is on a different queue.

Do you know of one?