ICD and OpenCL on Windows CPU + GPU. How?

I browsed through the posts looking for answers to my questions and found some. I still have a few questions:

1. Does Intel provide OpenCL dlls for Windows? I know that AMD does that and apparently their drivers works on Intel CPU but I could not find an Intel driver yet.

2. Is the ICD extension mechanism working on Windows or is it too early yet? Can I actually use multiple OpenCL dlls on the same computer with ICD right now?

3. What would be a good model for getting the OpenGL dlls on the client’s computer for a Web browser plugin that uses OpenCL ?

4. Can we expect a client computer to have the OpenCL dlls installed when they first install or when they upgrade their graphics card drivers? And what about the CPU OpenCL dlls?

Those are my questions for now. Any help is appreciated.

1. Both Intel and AMD have CPU drivers that work on both Intel and AMD CPUs. Try them both to see which one you like better.
  2. Every vendor supplies an OpenCL.dll but if you already have one they won’t replace it unless theirs is newer. Note that OpenCL.dll is not the driver, it’s just the ICD.
  3. Yes, ICD has been working for many years on Windows. You don’t need or want multiple OpenCL.dll, just one please. It uses the Registry to find the (possibly multiple) drivers, which equate to Platforms in OpenCL.
  4. If you have a GPU driver you’ll have the OpenCL ICD. If your application is supposed to run even if OpenCL isn’t there, you’ll need to dynamically load the ICD instead of linking to OpenCL.lib (which will prevent your app from launching if the DLL isn’t found). Please don’t ship a DLL to work around this; that’s not the right solution.

[QUOTE=Dithermaster;43646]1) Both Intel and AMD have CPU drivers that work on both Intel and AMD CPUs. Try them both to see which one you like better.
[/QUOTE]
i dont think this is correct
using another driver maybe get harm to your cpu , specially on Intel cpu