Thread: KHR_display: hotplug?

KHR_display: hotplug?

I feel that vkGetPhysicalDeviceDisplayPropertiesKHR() and the like should return the same for the lifetime of an instance, unless there is a call to probe for displays.

I'm working on a wayland compositor using vulkan and am designing APIs to make switching from GLFW to Linux framebuffer console(and libinput) less painful.

Though I need a rough idea of how the underlying vulkan API will work. It's already a difficult situation with GLFW window creation, where the logic is inside out.

Thanks.

https://github.com/cheako/vkwayland

Would have loved to tag this for the display extension, but couldn't find where/how.

I feel that vkGetPhysicalDeviceDisplayPropertiesKHR() and the like should return the same for the lifetime of an instance
    That is the default behavior of commands, but I think it should not apply to vkGetPhysicalDeviceDisplayPropertiesKHR (spec bug? report it).

VK_EXT_display_control implements hotplug events:

VK_DEVICE_EVENT_TYPE_DISPLAY_HOTPLUG_EXT specifies that the fence is signaled when a display is plugged into or unplugged from the specified device. Applications can use this notification to determine when they need to re-enumerate the available displays on a device.