Nvidia detonator drivers --- problems with the TNT2 --- any Nvidia engineers here?

This is just a generic question, so I guess I don’t expect an answer but it would sure be nice to get one!

I picked up recently an ‘OEM’ TNT2 M64 video card. After installing the card on my Asus A7V333 (with Athlon XP 1900+ and 512MB PC2700 DDR), I noticed some very strange behavior both under Win 98se and W2K.

This card, which is 32MB, forces the CPU into 100% utilization. I tracked down the problem to a particular component called “Rscmpt.exe”, which is part of the Nvidia Detonator driver set. Upon disabling this particular component, the card “behaves” better in that CPU utilization drops to normal level, but then the reported RAM that the card sees drops to half (that is, only 16MB is reported).

I have the latest Detonator drivers, and this issue still exists. I wanted to drop a note directly to Nvidia to make them aware of this, but there is no email contact address listed on their site…at all! :frowning:

Does anyone have any suggestions? I’m all ears!!

Regards,

Moe

I had this problem too the only way I saw to fix it was to use the drivers that came with card. If that doesn’t work invest in a new card. I just bought a Geforce 4TI 4200. Works great.

Originally posted by sand0527:
I had this problem too the only way I saw to fix it was to use the drivers that came with card. If that doesn’t work invest in a new card. I just bought a Geforce 4TI 4200. Works great.

Thanks for the reply…although not really what I wanted to hear. <sigh> I had this problem both with the original drivers that came with the card and the Detonator drivers as well. What a drag.

Yeah, I have another card coming, this time a Gainward Ti200 based on the GF3 chipset, and this baby will be loaded with 128MB of ram. I’m just annoyed that this other card (the TNT2) is so problematic and that there is NO fix for it, and also worry I’ll run into the same issue with the new card. I guess I’ll find out soon enough!

Regards,

Moe