Dynamic lighting promblems :S

Hi,

I have this unusual problem where my performance of my computer dips when dynamic lighting is involved. For example when i throw a grenade in counter strike or even tuen my flash light on my fps drops and is unplayable for that time. i downloaded a opengl demo which contains dynamic lighting and it ran fine but i downloaded another opengl demo which involved reflrctions and this ran very poorly so has this g0t to do with something?. i have tried reinstallign drivers but to no avail. ( I have used Kyro latest drivers,opengl drivers and hercules drivers for my hercules 4000xt prophet 32mb pci card). Any solutions please post. one last thing this problem just started to happen i didnt used have this problem.

Thank you

Your only solution is to get a decent card or shut off dynamic lighting. None of the Kyro line has the muscle to handle advanced graphics features.

dynamic light in HL are done with lightmaps and being as the kyro can do upto 8 textures per pass i dont think that is the problem.

Originally posted by Zerosignull:
dynamic light in HL are done with lightmaps and being as the kyro can do upto 8 textures per pass i dont think that is the problem.

The Hercules 4000xt Prophet has less power than a GeForce2 MX.

You’re telling me that this card has the power to handle dynamic lighting without dropping FPS dramatically???

Here’s a review of the card from 2001…

“Well, the Kyro GPU was a respectable chip in its day. It still manages to hold its own these days in certain situations, but only barely. For a person who only plays occasional games, or doesn’t play games at all, this may be a good card.”
http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-104-1.htm

Now, keep in mind that cards (and games) have evolved since then… and as I said…

Your only solution is to get a decent card or shut off dynamic lighting. None of the Kyro line has the muscle to handle advanced graphics features.

i remind everyone that this problem just started happening and the game worked perfectly before. “None of the Kyro line has the muscle to handle advanced graphics features” -> its half life tbh… i run more complex games than that like JK2 so that comment is irrelevant to the situation.

[This message has been edited by fla3x (edited 12-13-2003).]

boo hoo well looks like il just have to w8 for my new comp .