SiS 6326

Hi some one help!! I have a SiS 6326 video card which I think really sux,and I need to know if there are Any Open Gl drivers for this card.Thanks!

I also have a sis6326. I know that you can get openGL to work for this card to some extent, but I have not managed to do this so far. I’m using a Linux/Windows dual boot machine, and I know where to get linux drivers, but you are probably on windows, right? Try downloading the latest drivers (windows) from www.sis.com.tw, but you may find, as I did, that these don’t allow you to use openGL for some reason, even though they should. I think that I/you/we need to do something or other to get openGL itself set up on the system (just don’t ask me how!).

If you get any info on the card, post it on this topic so that I can get mine set up too.

I also have a sis6326. I know that you can get openGL to work for this card to some extent, but I have not managed to do this so far. I’m using a Linux/Windows dual boot machine, and I know where to get linux drivers, but you are probably on windows, right? Try downloading the latest drivers (windows) from www.sis.com.tw, but you may find, as I did, that these don’t allow you to use openGL for some reason, even though they should. I think that I/you/we need to do something or other to get openGL itself set up on the system (just don’t ask me how!).

If you get any info on the card, post it on this topic so that I can get mine set up too.

(P.S: if this is posted twice, forgive me…)

i also have an AGP 8mb SiS 6326 i managed to get opengl working but it was total pants compared to Direct3D i used an utility at http://www.scitechsoft.com/down_gldirect.html#Download
this uses an opengl thingmy jig that u can d/l somewhere else out there on its own instead of using scitechs ****e corporate app

This card is so messed up… I think it is best for you to save $50 and try to find a cheap Riva128, TNT1/2, VooDoo3 or and ATI Rage based card and end with all that pain. I’m serious, put your SiS card in a machine that will never need to do 3D.

hmm, this chip is not so bad. You can get its full technical specifications - I think, it’s better then riva128 (and more OpenGL compatible .
But here is another question - about SiS driver developers qualification.
Another possibility - marketing department thinks that OpenGL driver for this chip is not so important…

Well Serge K, you have said it all. I think its even worse that they dont want to work on OpenGL drivers (I bet their D3D drivers aren’t that good either). I mean, if the chip is bad, but you have working drivers, you can do something, but having a piece of silicon that wont do nothing because its drivers suck… there’s not much you can do about.
Again, go buy a Riva128, TNT1, bla,bla,bla, and then you’ll get real OpenGL, in some cases a bit ugly, in other cases slow, if you’re planning to spend $40 or $50. Now, if you have $120 in your pocket… a GeForce2MX based card will absolutelly blow your mind! compared to a SiS, a Riva128, TNT1, or any other old-and-cheap card.

I’m sure that it’s a driver problem. I’m using both windows and linux, so I can compare between the two operating systems, and by this it is easier to work out what is really happening. You can definately get 3rd party linux openGL drivers for the card (of course, SiS are too lazy/tight to make the damn things themselves, so it is up to a group of users to make the drivers).

Somebody mentioned some windows drivers from a third party manufacturer. Are these openGL, and will they screw my card because it is made by a different manufacturer? (The manufacturer of my card, Palit, have some outdated SIS drivers on their site)

BTW, did anybody else have direct3D problems with this card? I’m using DirectX8, and the colours are totally screwed in half-life (everything is blue and green, I assume that the red components are missing).