Thread: Quake 2 and my video card

Quake 2 and my video card

How do I know if my video card has open GL acceleration?? I have a notebook computer with a tridentcyber 9525xdvd video card. it has very low video ram (2.5 mbs), but anyways quake 2 is not such a recent game, and its system requirements are kind of low, my computer triples o cuadruples all other requirements apart from video ones. Nobody says anywhere about how much video ram or that kind of stuff is needed to run the game, so I come here to ask. Also my computer runs shadows of the empire with no problems, so i thought why not quake? So, can my video card handle it with open GL or not?

Re: Quake 2 and my video card

Originally posted by Hieloco:
    How do I know if my video card has open GL acceleration?? I have a notebook computer with a tridentcyber 9525xdvd video card. it has very low video ram (2.5 mbs), but anyways quake 2 is not such a recent game, and its system requirements are kind of low, my computer triples o cuadruples all other requirements apart from video ones. Nobody says anywhere about how much video ram or that kind of stuff is needed to run the game, so I come here to ask. Also my computer runs shadows of the empire with no problems, so i thought why not quake? So, can my video card handle it with open GL or not?
    Hi, I also have a laptop with a tridentcyber 9525xdvd video card. Have you had any luck getting Quake 2 working??

Robo