nother glut/borland ?

[C++ Error] GLUT.H(482): E2451 Undefined symbol ‘exit’
[C++ Error] GLUT.H(499): E2451 Undefined symbol ‘exit’
[C++ Error] GLUT.H(545): E2451 Undefined symbol ‘exit’

anyone know the possible explanations for these errors? I have the precompiled glut resources in all my lib and include folders.

Do a search on the forum… you have to do something like

#define GLUT_AT_EXIT_HACK

or something like that. I’ve seen people give this solution for this problem with Borland, but being a VC++ user, I’ve never seen it myself.

okay i used the hack thing and fixed the exit problems but now i’m getting this:
[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file ‘GLU32.LIB’

i’ve looked thru previous posts and have found one or 2 peopls asking this but no real answers. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and knows how to fix it.

Check that you’ve got the glu32.lib and that it is in the library search path. You also need to be sure that the glu32.lib and opengl32.lib files you have are Borland compatible, not VC++ compatible. They both have different library formats. It sounds to me like it’s not even finding it, which is weird because I thought that Borland 5 came with the libraries. (It was 5 you had, wasn’t it?)

Yeah i’m using bcb 5.0 standard. i’ve got glu32.lib glut32.lib and opengl32.lib. Not sure the problem but i’ll keep messing with it. Thanx for help

Make sure you delete projectname.def and projectname.rc as you dont need them, nor do you need opengl32.lib if you’re using borland. I don’t know how to fix your problem, but this may help in the future.