Simulation

I am trying to generate a rain like simulation. here the water is dropped into a glass plate and water droplet moves towards the gravity. as i use some sphere as a droplet and generate randomly in the grass plate.

how to retain the frame when using Double Buffering. letz say for example when i am trying to move the droplet down and simultaneously generating droplets in different locations. how to retain the buffer. is there anyway to store these information in the memory and retain each n every frame?

if we do this is this will take more memory to render the scene? or any alternative method to accomplish this task? I am displaying this droplets in the render or display function but can’t able to retain the previous frames.

First understand how rendering works, each time you render you start from the scratch.

You make varibles to hold the location of each drop, and redraw the complete scene with each drop in a new location.

You need to look at some tutor’s on how to use openGL, this will give you a better idea of how to program. I thing what you want to do is too advanced for you. try learning to draw object and learn programming a little more.

nehe.gamedev.net is a good place to start.

Originally posted by ajmrm:
[b]I am trying to generate a rain like simulation. here the water is dropped into a glass plate and water droplet moves towards the gravity. as i use some sphere as a droplet and generate randomly in the grass plate.

how to retain the frame when using Double Buffering. letz say for example when i am trying to move the droplet down and simultaneously generating droplets in different locations. how to retain the buffer. is there anyway to store these information in the memory and retain each n every frame?

if we do this is this will take more memory to render the scene? or any alternative method to accomplish this task? I am displaying this droplets in the render or display function but can’t able to retain the previous frames. [/b]