whateveryouneed.h.....

In my first OpenGL coding tutorial, it had a header file whateveryouneed.h. Apparently, I don’t have it, and I searched for it. I really don’t know how to get it. I bet this is an easy question to answer, because it was in the red book, so many people should know. Anyone know where I can get it or something? Please help me!

From Rowan and Martin’s Laugh In –
“Say ‘good night’, Dick.”
“Good night, Dick.”

There is no whateveryouwant.h file.

It was a example of how an opengl program is structured not a complete program. The file name was just an example of what maybe put there! Later in the chapter a real working program is shown.

Originally posted by anarchyhl:
In my first OpenGL coding tutorial, it had a header file whateveryouneed.h. Apparently, I don’t have it, and I searched for it. I really don’t know how to get it. I bet this is an easy question to answer, because it was in the red book, so many people should know. Anyone know where I can get it or something? Please help me!

I thought that may have been a possibility, but then I thought again that it probably wasn’t because i thought they would have specified it wasnt a real header. I think they should state that it isnt really a header so more people dont get confused. Sorry for being stupid

that’s ok. i spent 4 months trying to get this to work…

glBegin(GL_3D_STUDIO_MODEL);
   glDrawMy3DStudioMaxModelPlease("filename.3ds");
glEnd();

b

I think the book assume you have a bit of programming back ground, and it does help to also try and learn a little C first. Most of the questions here are not really OpenGL questions, and more on how to program in C/C++!!! Most people if they new a little more about programming in general would have an easier time understanding OpenGL.

Originally posted by anarchyhl:
I thought that may have been a possibility, but then I thought again that it probably wasn’t because i thought they would have specified it wasnt a real header. I think they should state that it isnt really a header so more people dont get confused. Sorry for being stupid

I mean no offense but it helps to read that book (in particular) very thoroughly. They do explain that there is pseudo-code in some of their code snippets. It had me a bit confused at first, too

BTW, if anyone has any tips on getting vc++ 6 to compile OpenGL code, please let me know!!! ICQ 3111909 or email asylumx@cybersol.com. I’m in a bind!

Yeah, I just bought C++ The Complete Reference(It talks about C in part 1 though, so you learn alot about C and C++) and I also bought the book Game Design and Architecture. Once I finish C++ The Com. Ref. and Game Design and Architecture, I’ll hit redbook and OpenGL Game Programming. Well, I gotta go write up some documents for my Half-Life MOD, later.