getting glut to work

Hello,

I incurred an error that looks like this:

‘Unable to open file GLUT32.LIB’

I’m using Borland’s C++ compiler 5.5. It came with the openGL essentials except for glut.h and glut32.lib. I downloaded a version of glut.h and put it in borland\bcc55\include\gl, and it seems to work fine as far as the ‘#include’ directive is concerned. I would download glut32.lib and store it in borland\bcc55\lib if I could find one, but I can’t. Can you tell me where I can find one?

I also downloaded a glut37 package, and watched it explode as I unzipped it. The problem with that is I don’t know how to integrate its massive directory structure with that of Borland C++. If downloading glut32.lib is a poor solution, could you tell me how to use glut37 with Borland C++, or perhaps how to set the path properly?

There is a link here to download the pre-compiled Glut binaries for Win32, and it also includes the .h and a .lib file for VC++. For Borland, you will need to use something like the implib tool that comes with borland in order to generate a .lib file from the .dll.

Your problem maybe that you downloaded a Visual C++ library, you need a Borland version of the glut library.
I think there is a import utility to convert a VC++ library to a borland library.

The easy way would be to go to one of the borland help sites and look for the borland version of the glut library.

It sounds like you downloaded the source files, this should give you an idea of how much stuff goes into create a library of functions. You could from these source files build a glut library for your compiler.

But you do have to correct idea on where the files go.

/lib/ opengl32.lib, glu32.lib, glut32.lib
/include/gl/ gl.h, glu.h, glut.h

Originally posted by Gibran Shah:
[b]Hello,

I incurred an error that looks like this:

‘Unable to open file GLUT32.LIB’

I’m using Borland’s C++ compiler 5.5. It came with the openGL essentials except for glut.h and glut32.lib. I downloaded a version of glut.h and put it in borland\bcc55\include\gl, and it seems to work fine as far as the ‘#include’ directive is concerned. I would download glut32.lib and store it in borland\bcc55\lib if I could find one, but I can’t. Can you tell me where I can find one?

I also downloaded a glut37 package, and watched it explode as I unzipped it. The problem with that is I don’t know how to integrate its massive directory structure with that of Borland C++. If downloading glut32.lib is a poor solution, could you tell me how to use glut37 with Borland C++, or perhaps how to set the path properly?[/b]