Give your opinion please.

I am in front of a dilemma.I dont know whether I should stick with OpenGL for making games or use Virtools.In the long run which is going to be better for me to follow.I would be grateful for any opinion.
I like Virtools,user interface,drag 'n drop stuff etc. but I do like programming with OpenGL also.However what really makes me think is about finding work.Will I able to find work with Virtools if I go with this program or it will be easier with OpenGL?This is what troubles me.

Never heard of Virtools, so I’d have to say stick with OpenGL.

Anyone can do draq and drop programming, the thing is there a need for Virtools programming?
What area is it used for?

I know there are jobs out there for diffrent aspects of openGL or programming anything.
And knowing a core language like openGL will help.

In programming you can find diffrent area’s in which you get a job.

1. Program design.
  2. Graphics design.
  3. Sound design.

Large companies will split these area’s between programmers diffrently…
A small company you may need to do all three.
A simi-small you may do one or two of these.
A large project you may only do one part.

If you are very good at programming you may become a program manager which control all three with people under you.

Originally posted by Antony:
I am in front of a dilemma.I dont know whether I should stick with OpenGL for making games or use Virtools.In the long run which is going to be better for me to follow.I would be grateful for any opinion.
I like Virtools,user interface,drag 'n drop stuff etc. but I do like programming with OpenGL also.However what really makes me think is about finding work.Will I able to find work with Virtools if I go with this program or it will be easier with OpenGL?This is what troubles me.

Yeah, I’m definitely for OpenGL is this case. But if you are looking to get a job in the Gaming Industry, you should learn DirectX also.

• Halcyon