3D texture API in OpenGL ?

Hi, I need to use 3D Texture mapping in my project and I’m using Visual C++ for making the project. BUT the 3D texture API is missing from GL.h For Example I couldn’t find function glTexImage3D though glTexImage2D is present. Does that mean I need to update my headers and libraries ?

I am guessing you are using windows, I think that is a newer openGL function.
Due to Microsoft not updating their openGL library’s, you have to use extensions to access these functions from the video drivers. Look up using openGL extensions.

Originally posted by Kundan:
Hi, I need to use 3D Texture mapping in my project and I’m using Visual C++ for making the project. BUT the 3D texture API is missing from GL.h For Example I couldn’t find function glTexImage3D though glTexImage2D is present. Does that mean I need to update my headers and libraries ?

Try this: http://glew.sourceforge.net/

It will intialize all your extensions. All you need to do is to add the library to your project and do one function call.

After that you can use 3D textures.

Jan.

Originally posted by nexusone:
[b]I am guessing you are using windows, I think that is a newer openGL function.
Due to Microsoft not updating their openGL library’s, you have to use extensions to access these functions from the video drivers. Look up using openGL extensions.

[/b]