How To Solve This Problem?

Hi Guys,
I am trying to build programme in GLUT and i got this error.

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file “glut32.lib”

Can you tell me how to handle this problem and it would be nice ,if some body can help me in establishing glut programs in windows.

Tony

If windows, then do you have a glut32.lib in lib directory of Visual C++?

[This message has been edited by monka (edited 09-05-2002).]

That mean’s that the linker could not find that file.
You may need to download glut from nat robins GLUT site for windows, dont have the link handy, but do a search with his name and opengl.

the file shold be in msdev\lib or something like that.

Originally posted by tony_ee81:
[b]Hi Guys,
I am trying to build programme in GLUT and i got this error.

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file “glut32.lib”

Can you tell me how to handle this problem and it would be nice ,if some body can help me in establishing glut programs in windows.

Tony[/b]

nexusone
Is it necessary to place the “glut32.lib” in VC++6, can i place it somewhere else and then add into the project.
Help me as i have to prepare for the presentation.
Thanks

Tony

I find it convenient to place the glut32.lib in the lib directory and the glut.h in the include directory of vc6++ but in my last installation when I first started playing with glut I just linked directly to where I downloaded the file to with no problems. The choice is totally up to what is convenient for you.

Tina

Why would you want to place a lib file, somewhere other then it proper place?

And if you where to be doing a presentation on programming, should it not be presented in the correct setup?

Originally posted by tony_ee81:
[b]nexusone
Is it necessary to place the “glut32.lib” in VC++6, can i place it somewhere else and then add into the project.
Help me as i have to prepare for the presentation.
Thanks

Tony[/b]

Ah, yes, didn’t notice the presentation part. I would definitely place it within the compilers lib directory and the include file within its include directory in that instance.

Tina