how to code..

Hi… can any one tell where should i code the program in win32.An empty project.A simple win32 project or typical hello world application.

If you need to ask this question, perhaps you aren’t prepared for OpenGL programming yet.

First the setup will depend on the compiler you are using.
For some programs an empty project, like if you are going to use glut.
While others you may want a windows application.

You need to tell us the compiler yor are using? (Microsoft, borland, etc.)

Also the version of the compiler(4,5,etc)?

Originally posted by Jehangir:
Hi… can any one tell where should i code the program in win32.An empty project.A simple win32 project or typical hello world application.

He’s most likely using VC++. The three options he listed are options that are availble when creating a Win32 Application.

As to the question, all of them provide a bit different level of code. One of them you have to provide all the code yourself, one of them gives you a starting WinMain, and one of them go so far as to create a window that says “Hello World.”

Which one of those you use is all up to you to decide how much you want the Appwizard to generate for you.

Now… if you want to do something like a Glut app, you made the wrong selection already. You need to choose Win32 Console Application, not Win32 Application.

Anyway, it sounds like you aren’t too familiar with programming in general yet. I would recommend getting a good book on Win32 programming if you plan on going down the route of using the Win32 Application wizard. Until you understand that, don’t worry about how OpenGL works, or you will just give yourself a headache trying to learn both.

try nehe productions. they have some basic stuff there. I don’t have the address right off hand sorry. search in google.com