nehe tutorial - lesson 1

i’m just starting to learn opengl so i probably don’t know what i’m talking about…

anyways, i downloaded lesson1 from http://www.essi.fr/~buffa/cours/synthese_image/DOCS/Tutoriaux/Nehe/lesson1.zip . it came w/ a workspace already provided so i opened that. i’ve been browsing this site(opengl.org) a bit and i saw that the opengl libraries are included w/ windows? (i’m running win2k).
so i compiled and executed, i got a black screen like i’m supposed to. but when i try to exit, it pauses for like 1 sec and then it gives me the bluescreen. it shows that the thing that caused the crash was my vid card(savage 2000).
i have the latest drivers for my vid card. can anyone tell me what’s wrong?

thuned

I do not know what the problm could be but you can try to:

• restart windows and run the tutorial first
  • check if it is both in full screen and windowed mode
  • try some other tutorials
  • close all possible background processes
  • check your settings for the card

from what i have read in later nehe tutorials i think that this error occurs becouse of incompatiable code with an ATI (may be other graphics cards) and it has been fixed in a later tutorial.

I would tell u which tutorial but the nehe dite is down at the moment so i cant check.

Read the tutorial descriptions it will say something about that.

Zee

tried lesson 1, 7, 14, and the latest, 32. all of them crashes on EXIT. but when i do windowed on 32, it works fine.
what looks like the part that crashes is the line that brings the system back to the previous resolution(ChangeDisplaySettings(NULL, 0);?)
so if a problem was fixed in the later tutorials, that means i’ve got another problem?

thuned

ps. all the non-nehe demos/examples i’ve ran worked.

oops, just noticed all the other demos i ran were windowed. i’ll c if i can find some other fullscreen ones