Enquiry about opengl

Presently I am using (Alias Software & its API) to help the graphic designers to build their designs & save it in the wire format.

Now I want to write a program same like the above using opengl. for example (If user gives the parameter for curve creation the curve has to be create & Based on the curve Put the plane & create building. & Users has to import the accessories wire files like sofa,tv & etc and save it as a single file. Is it possible to do it.
If possible please tell me how to do it.

I want to know which geometry format i can
able to save in opengl.

Please reply.

You’re probably going to be disappointed by this. OpenGL doesn’t do any loading or saving. If it isn’t directly involved in displaying a rendered image on screen, then OpenGL probably doesn’t have the functionality to support it. OpenGL is a low level rendering API.

All that means is that you will have to write all the loading/saving code yourself. You will, also, have to deal with user interaction (deciding what object was clicked if the user clicks in the rendering window, and a wide variety of other things). It sounds to me like OpenGL is too low level for your needs.

Originally posted by Korval:
[b]You’re probably going to be disappointed by this. OpenGL doesn’t do any loading or saving. If it isn’t directly involved in displaying a rendered image on screen, then OpenGL probably doesn’t have the functionality to support it. OpenGL is a low level rendering API.

All that means is that you will have to write all the loading/saving code yourself. You will, also, have to deal with user interaction (deciding what object was clicked if the user clicks in the rendering window, and a wide variety of other things). It sounds to me like OpenGL is too low level for your needs.[/b]

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for your reply.

you told like If I want to load or save the file I have to write a coding & opengl is not supporting. In that case from where i can get the help for this one.

how to save or open xgl format in opengl