Very very new to OpenGL

Ok, I’ll probably just get flamed for being so ignorant, but I’ve wasted good money on a book and many hours searching the site for this so I might as well ask. I understand OpenGL code and know C++ (points, trees, classes, etc), but am very shakey on linking and header files. I can’t get the computer to find gl.h or glu.h and I was wondering what I need to DL, or include (besides #include<gl\gl.h> etc…) to get anything to run on codewarrior 5 for win98… I mean like, what .mcp do I set up/ where do I find the files I need to include. This alwasy seems to be handwaved or just overlooked as something people should know from C, esp. in introductory courses which is why I’m here wasting everyone’s time. I’m hurting for specifics, so responses like: DL the files from the opengl site and link them, won’t do much good…
Thanks in advance for any help.

Copy gl.h and glu.h to the following directory:

[CodeWarrior]\Win32-x86 Support\Headers\GL

I think you have to create the GL folder first though. Then add the gl.lib and glu.lib files to the project that uses OpenGL. Also remember that on windows you need to include windows.h before gl.h

[This message has been edited by harsman (edited 07-12-2001).]

Where do I find the gl.lib and glu.lib? Do I DL them from somewhere? I saw instructions on the NeHe site for installing software on a mac, but not about a PC.

Where do I find the gl.lib and glu.lib? Do I DL them from somewhere? I saw instructions on the NeHe site for installing software on a mac, but not about a PC.

They are included with CodeWarrior (at lest I think they are). Check out the directories with libraries, or do a search for the files.

glu,opengl32 and glaux libs can be found in
[Compiler]/codewarrior/win32-x86support/libraries/win32sdk