Thread: Prob with HW acceleration and drawing text

Junior Member Newbie

Prob with HW acceleration and drawing text

This is from a programmer on my team:

I'm creating more then 60 OpenGL contexts that draw a vignette background and some static text. I'm creating one static context used as a common
    context for storing display lists and I'm sharing this display-list space, using wglShareLists, with the created OpenGL context. The problem I have is that it stops drawing the text after the 10th context.
    When I turned off the hardware acceleration in the display setting it starts to work fine and displays all the text .

The Graphic controller on my PC is Intel 82845G/GL. If it's a bug in the Intel 845G driver (we have the latest as of today) who can we follow up with at Intel?

I found out that if I create a separate display list context for each 16 contexts it works fine even with the hardware acceleration turned on. Is this a common workaround?

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Senior Member Regular Contributor

Re: Prob with HW acceleration and drawing text

You'll probably have more luck getting this question answered in the "Advanced Coding" forum.

Good luck!

Senior Member OpenGL Guru

How are you drawing the text?
    Bitmap or texture?

Originally posted by steverothman:
    This is from a programmer on my team:

I'm creating more then 60 OpenGL contexts that draw a vignette background and some static text. I'm creating one static context used as a common
    context for storing display lists and I'm sharing this display-list space, using wglShareLists, with the created OpenGL context. The problem I have is that it stops drawing the text after the 10th context.
    When I turned off the hardware acceleration in the display setting it starts to work fine and displays all the text .

The Graphic controller on my PC is Intel 82845G/GL. If it's a bug in the Intel 845G driver (we have the latest as of today) who can we follow up with at Intel?

I found out that if I create a separate display list context for each 16 contexts it works fine even with the hardware acceleration turned on. Is this a common workaround?

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Member Contributor

Originally posted by steverothman:
    If it's a bug in the Intel 845G driver (we have the latest as of today) who can we follow up with at Intel.
    Hi Steve-

Send me some email. If it is a bug in the Intel driver, I might be able to help you out.

Thanks,
    -- Ben