Questions about opengl.

I am new with opengl so i want to ask the following:
1)Is their an Opengl Sdk that gives me the same look and feel like VC++6 for coding.
2)If the above is negative then what else could i use.
3)The Nvidia opengl Sdk adds any windows based environment for developing.
4)Where can i find the Ati Opengl Sdk?

Originally posted by Antony:
1)Is their an Opengl Sdk that gives me the same look and feel like VC++6 for coding.

You can use VC++ 6 to do all your OpenGL coding if you wish. The MSDN docs contain some (mostly accurate) info regarding OpenGL, and there is a Microsoft generic implementation with Windows. When/If you installed a graphics card that has a full OpenGL ICD you got all the drivers, etc. and dlls to deal with OpenGL. You can get new headers (for extensions, new version compliance and stuff) from the various graphics cards folks (including SGI)

Nope. It’s an SDK, not a development environment. For the most part it’s headers, DLLs, and examples.

http://www.ati.com/developer/index.html seems like a good place to start. Though it’s really just a couple of headers, since you presumably have all the DLLs etc. installed on your system when you install the card & drivers.

Good luck

1. There is no universal opengl SDK, but there are ton’s of examples in just about any platform out there.

2. There are on-line doc’s and books out there to guide you in programming opengl.

3. Really no sure how to answer that.

4. Have you been to the ATI dev web site? I know they have examples, but not sure if they have a SDK.

Originally posted by Antony:
I am new with opengl so i want to ask the following:

No, but some pretty good example of mfc for use with openGL
www.mfcogl.com

or nehe.gamedev.net for win32 tutorials…

the best opengl rerefence (straight openGL, non-os specific) is http://fly.cc.fer.hr/~unreal/theredbook/

whatever you want, Win32, borland, linux, mac, unix etc…

Not really. There are a few windows tools available, but nothing that is absolutely essentual. Well worth checking out for the latest extensions, white papers, and demo’s etc