mouse in windows

I have an application using openGL to paint 2d objects in windows 2000.
While painting my objects and the mouse is inside my window, occurs two facts:
1º the mouse pointer flash vary times.
2º the draw performance are slowly.

My application draw a lot of very complex objects, so, I paint only if needed, objects that not lie the invalidated region are not painted.
How I can solve my problems without hiding the windows mouse cursor?

Thanks for any help or tips.

Originally posted by Tales Aguair:
Some days ago something gone awry on my PC and I had to disable cursor acceleration (in the windows driver tab). The same problem appeared. I don’t think GL ‘itself’ has something to do with it but maybe you shall try reinstalling your HW drivers.

2º the draw performance are slowly.
My application draw a lot of very complex objects, so, I paint only if needed, objects that not lie the invalidated region are not painted.

Quite strange considering the care you’re taking for this but I believe nothing can be said without additional info by your side.
The drawing is slow because it takes too much to compute or what?

How I can solve my problems without hiding the windows mouse cursor?
I believe (1) cannot be (by GL point of view I mean). As for (2), I would point my finger at the data structures but with today’s power I am quite confused about the idea.

Originally posted by Obli:
[quote]Originally posted by Tales Aguair:
Some days ago something gone awry on my PC and I had to disable cursor acceleration (in the windows driver tab). The same problem appeared. I don’t think GL ‘itself’ has something to do with it but maybe you shall try reinstalling your HW drivers.
[/QUOTE]Thanks a lot! I disable mouse cursor acceleration and all works very fine. The second problem not occurs too. I will test my project in amother machines.

Sorry, I an wrong…
If I restart my application the problem comes back, its only solved when I switch (while my program is running) the mouse acceleration. From disable to enabled or enabled to disabled.
I an very confused.
I tested my application in another machines and the problem also occurs.
I an very confused.